Thursday, April 21, 2011
International Adoption
Our adoption paperwork expires soon so we've started re-evaluating our adoption process. I've been feeling for some time that we should pursue international adoption. I didn't mention it to Daryl at first, but over the past few months it started coming up in our conversations. We have recently decided that international adoption is the path we are going to pursue. We will always be open to private domestic adoption if someday we find a birthmother, but we will focus our paperwork process on international. Currently, we are in the process of finding an agency and deciding on a country. Our top country choices are currently going through some major changes that may significantly decrease/close adoptions. We are trying to gather as much info as we can on the changes as well as other countries that we may be eligible to adopt from. As overwhelming and uncertain as it is, the more I read and learn about international adoptions, the more it excites me! I love adoptions and I'm so thankful that God has put the desire to adopt in both of our hearts even before we were married. I've become a bit obsessed watching people's videos of when they first meet their child. It's amazing! The process is long and there is alot more paperwork than domestic. Each country has their own rules, each agency has their own rules, so there is alot to figure out. I joke with Daryl that we are either going to be old, broke and have a house full of cats or we are going to be blessed with a house full of kids from lots of different places!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment