Thursday, April 21, 2011
P.S.
We are still pursuing fertility treatments along with pursuing adoption. Some people think this is wrong. Some agencies don't allow you to be going through fertility at the same time or will terminate your adoption if you get pregnant. While I understand that both fertility and adoption are mentally, physically and financially draining I still feel that each couple needs to decide what is right for them. For us, we just long to be parents however God works that out. We still hope to experience being pregnant, childbirth and having a newborn, but we also have a heart for adopting. Regardless if we get pregnant or not, we will pursue adoption. Most agencies will put you on hold if you get pregnant, which is understandable. But, there are some people and at least 1 agency that I spoke to, that doesn't feel like you could possibly love an adopted child as much as a natural child. I won't lie-when we first started the adoption process we wondered what it would be like to love a child that you didn't give birth to. That thought didn't last long at all. Once we dove into the process there was not a doubt in our mind that any child-biological or not-that was in our home would be loved unconditionally. If you haven't experienced our situation, you can't fully understand. I believe it would be unfair to judge us because we are choosing to pursue adoption and fertility at the same time. To us, we are just hoping to grow our family and will love any kids that we are blessed with. Most everyone has been supportive, encouraging and helpful during our process and we greatly thank you for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment