1 year ago today, mom went to Heaven. It is hard to think that a year has already gone by. I didn't think that I would be able to live 1 day without her, let alone a whole year. This year has been filled with sorrows and with joys. Each day is a journey in healing, growing and trusting that God's plan is best, even if it doesn't always feel like it. I often have moments when the thought of mom, dad and Jared not being here with us is overwhelming. Everytime it seems too much to bear, I remember what Heaven offers us, then I smile.
I remember...
-how she would decorate for every holiday-even the little ones like St. Patrick's Day
-her homemade pizza on Christmas Eve
-how everything gave her gas!
-how she lived in her bikini during the summer
-how she sent cards for every occasion
-how she remembered everyone's birthdays without ever looking at a calendar
-how she had her chocolate milk every night
-how she said "Hi Honey" whenever I called her on the phone
-on holidays, how she could manage to get all the food done at the very same time



1 comment:
Kristen, I am thinking of you today. You got the chocolate milk love from your Mom huh? And just so you know.... St. Patty's is not a "little holiday". Love ya, Danielle
Post a Comment