Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's a M-ear-acle!

Daryl has suffered from ear infections and hearing loss since he was a child. His hearing has gotten much worse lately. A few months ago, Daryl had a specialized hearing test which showed he had severe hearing loss in his right ear and mild loss in his left. After meeting with an ENT a few weeks ago, the doctor decided to place a tube in his right ear and to clean up the fluid and scar tissue. Unlike the many tubes he had as a child, this one will stay in permanently.

So today was the day. All went well and Daryl can hear! I am amazed-so far he has told me to stop yelling when I talk, and he turned the TV DOWN several notches!

Let's hope it continues this way!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Praise God!!! How awesome is that??!! But if he thinks you're yelling, you better stick some cotton in his ears when he comes to Lancaster...........well, 59 School Street anyway. (tee-hee!) Love, the quieter sister (it's all relevant, isn't it?) ;-)

Caddie said...

I'm working my way through your blog. This post causes me to comment. A man I know who couldn't hear but barely (tv up on highest sound)had this procedure done 8 weeks ago. It completely restored his hearing. Amazed, I went to the ENT clinic, hoping to 'fix' my deafness. Unfortunately, tubes weren't the 'fix'. I was told I had no fluid behind the eardrum but loss caused from loud noise. Only hearing aids will help. Again, unfortunately, there's no money for this remedy. I like the way you write. You could do a book. I just began a blog. Fun, isn't it? and time consuming! Carolyn