Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Happy 70th Birthday Mom

Today would be mom's 70th birthday. No doubt, we would have had a big celebration for her. We had one whenever mom or dad turned another big number. Cake, decorations, funny presents, family and friends. This year though, she is having a much bigger celebration. Although I miss both mom and dad so much, I know they are in Paradise.

Shortly after mom passed, we sang this song for the first time in church. I teared up as I sang along to the lyrics. They were so fitting for the moment. Everytime we sing that song, I think of mom and dad. No longer are their hearts weak or their lungs damaged. I get this beautiful image of them running into Marvelous Light...

Verse 1
I once was fatherless,
a stranger with no hope;
Your kindness wakened me, Awakened me, from my sleep
Verse 2
Your love it beckons deeply,
a call to come and die.
By grace now I will come And take this life, take your life.
Pre-chorus
Sin has lost it's power, death has lost it's sting.
From the grave you've risen VICTORIOUSLY!
Chorus
Into marvelous light I'm running,
Out of darkness, out of shame.
By the cross you are the truth,You are the life, you are the way
Verse 3
My dead heart now is beating,
My deepest stains now clean.
Your breath fills up my lungs.
Now I'm free. now I'm free!
(I will try to add the actual song later-you gotta hear it to get the full effect)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful song, Kristen, and very appropriate for Mom and Dom! I also like to think of them being together in paradise, and I can't wait to be able to see them both again! Happy Birthday, Mom - I miss you! Love, Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen, I, too, loved the song. You should try to upload it so we can all hear it! It is wonderful that we heaven to look forward to.....and soon we will see Mom, Dom, and Jared again! And it will be perfect....there really is a "and they lived happily ever after" story and it's ours! Until we reach that part of the story God will be faithful to stengthen us in our loneliness for the ones we miss and love! Happy 70th Birthday Carol! We love you! Believe in Blessings, Jeanne