Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weeks 11 and 12



What the heck is this thing?




Real men wear doggy slippers






The last couple of weeks have been busy! He started sleeping in his crib at night! If it were up to us, he'd sleep in our room til he was 18, but, one night, he just seemed uncomfortable in the bouncer that he was sleeping in. I tried everything to make him happy and help him fall back asleep. I finally just laid him on my lap, and he was out! So, I laid him in his crib and he slept peacefully from 4am to 7am! I guess he just wanted to stretch out. I love how we have little to no idea what we are doing as parents, yet Noah knows exactly what he needs. We just need to follow his lead! Since that night, he has been sleeping great in the crib. Waking up once to eat, but often sleeping straight through until morning! He still prefers to cat-nap during the day, but I'm sure he'll start clustering the naps together sooner or later.

Mornings are his favorite time of day. When I go in to get him I say "Good Morning!" and he lights up! He has a great time on his floor mat reaching for toys, looking in the mirror and moving his arms and legs all around. He is rolling alot more now-from his belly to his back. He can also get from his back to his side. He is starting to pivot while on his belly too. He loooves the mobile on the pack and play. He just smiles, coos and laughs when we turn it on. It is an easy way to change his mood from mad to happy. Noah also loves when you clap his hands together. He laughs every time! Brushing my teeth and singing and dancing around are also some things that make him giggle. His toothless smile and cute little laugh are the best! His neck, feet and belly are quite ticklish. We need to capture that on video! Noah has started to bring his hands together, but really prefers to stick them in his mouth. He has also started to look at his feet. He can't reach them yet, but soon!

He has met some new family members and friends recently too. He seems to really look at people now and take everything in. Noah can now face forward in the baby sling that we wear. This is pretty much the only way he'll tolerate shopping with me now!

Noah continues to amaze us with all the new things he is doing. He makes us smile and laugh alot!

No comments: